- Total U.S. – Canada annual trade averaged about $588 Billion a year between 2015 and 2021.Workbook: Dashboard_State by Port (dot.gov)
- Over 60 percent of this traffic passed through EBTC Region ports of entry.
- The COVID pandemic caused an $86 Billion trade volume drop from $612 Billion in 2019 to $526 Billion in 2020. In 2021, U.S. – Canada trade rebounded to $664 billion.
- EBTC ports of entry handled 57% of total U.S. – Canada trade, 78% of total truck traffic, and 63% of total rail traffic.
- Border U.S. states are not the only ones that benefit from a trade relationship with Canada.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, over the 4-year period 2018 to 2021, 32 States counted Canada in their top 2 global trading partners and 18 States counted Canada as one of their top 5 trading Partners. USA Trade Online – Choose members (census.gov)
- This reliance of trade on infrastructure located in the EBTC Region highlights the importance of an efficient border transportation system to link the United States and Canada.
EBTC TRADE DATA 2015 to 2021: Maine Michigan New York Vermont New Brunswick Nova Scotia ONTARIO Quebec