- Total U.S. – Canada annual trade averaged about $588 Billion a year between 2015 and 2021.
- Over 60 percent of this traffic passed through EBTC Region ports of entry.
- The COVID pandemic caused an $86 Billion trade volume drop from $612 Billion in 2019 to $526 Billion in 2020. In 2021, U.S. – Canada trade rebounded to $664 billion.
- EBTC ports of entry handled 57% of total U.S. – Canada trade, 78% of total truck traffic, and 63% of total rail traffic.
- Border U.S. states are not the only ones that benefit from a trade relationship with Canada.
- Over the 4-year period 2017 to 2020, 26 States counted Canada as a top trading partner and 24 States counted Canada as one of their top 5 trading Partners.
- This reliance of trade on infrastructure located in the EBTC Region highlights the importance of an efficient border transportation system to link the United States and Canada.
EBTC TRADE DATA 2015 to 2021: Maine Michigan New York Vermont New Brunswick Nova Scotia ONTARIO Quebec