- Total U.S. – Canada annual trade averaged about $576 Billion a year between 2015 and 2020.
- Over 60 percent of this traffic passed through EBTC Region ports of entry.
- The 2019 COVID pandemic caused an $86 Billion trade volume drop in 2020 from $612 to $526 Billion.
- In 2020, EBTC ports of entry handled 60.5% of total U.S. – Canada trade, 79% of total truck traffic and 67% of total rail traffic.
- Border U.S. states are not the only ones that benefit from a trade relationship with Canada. Over the 4-year period 2017 to 2020,
- 26 States counted Canada as a top trading partner and
- 24 States counted Canada as one of their top 5 trading Partners.
- This reliance of trade on infrastructure located in the EBTC Region highlights the importance of an efficient border transportation system to link the United States and Canada.
EBTC TRADE DATA: MAINE Michigan New York Vermont New Brunswick Nova Scotia Ontario Quebec